Any person can file a complaint with the Ohio Elections Commission. In order to do so you must include certain information in the complaint. Complaints to the Ohio Elections Commission must be submitted in affidavit form containing all of the following elements:
- Name(s) of the person or party filing the complaint;
- Name(s) of the person or party against whom the allegations are being made;
- Address or addresses for all of the parties. This includes the person filing the complaint as well as the parties against whom the complaint is filed. Also, please include phone numbers, if they are available;
- A written narrative or statement of the alleged violation or violations, specifically identifying the statement or statements which you allege to be false and an explanation of the personal knowledge of the complainant;
- A reference to the section or sections of the Ohio Revised Code alleged to have been violated;
- The complaint must be originally signed and properly notarized. A proper notarization includes the phrase "signed and sworn before a Notary Public";
- Any additional materials or exhibits may be included to support the allegations contained in the complaint.
Once all of these elements are included in the complaint, the complaint should be sent to the following address:
Ohio Elections Commission
Suite 1850 Riffe Center
77 South High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215